Friday 25 November 2011

Aubin & Wills Literary Salon









Aubin & Wills Christmas Literary Salon with readings by Jessica Fellowes and Laura Lockington


I learnt an important lesson yesterday. When someone tells you to turn up at a venue to DJ, it may possibly be a good idea to look up the details of the event your meant to be playing at. If you don't you might just run the risk of turning up to an Aubin & Wills hosted literary reading night accommodating a host of middle-class, pearl wearing, champagne drinking 30 to 40 somethings dressed like something out of Lost Boys and with a laptop full of dance tunes.


Pulling my shrinking denim shorts low enough to be decent I hunted around the dusty corners of my iTunes for remnants of jazz and blues while knowing perfectly well that I would probably end up hiding behind the considerably more competent and taller DJ beside me.


Some soft jazzy tunes and nostalgic Christmas readings later, the wine was flowing and the mince pies were a plenty.


A lovely start to the Christmas season.





No comments:

Post a Comment