Friday 2 December 2011

Other People's Lives: Graphic Design

I have coaxed another friend to tell you an honest account of their working day.
He likes bagels.

Title
I'm a graphic designer.


What does that mean?
I kind of do what it says on the tin. Like literally designing what it says on the tin.. or website or brochure, I also make promotional films. What I do is versatile but it's all wrapped up in a strategic branding blanket. 

Give us an idea of a typical day...
I get up like everyone else and amble in to work about 9:30, at which point I have a cinnamon and raisin bagel and check emails. I then sketch my way through the morning until the clock hits 1:00, at which point I toast another bagel and laden it with the 'cheese of the day'. I go back to my desk and click, copy and paste my way through the afternoon until about 16:00 at which point I might have another bagel. I think our studio are single-handedly dragging the New York Bagel Company through the tide of this recession. 

What is the best perk of your job?
Not ever having to open Excel. And having to think creatively every fucking day.

And the worst part?
Having to occasionally open Apple's equivalent to Excel - Numbers. And having to think creatively every fucking day.

Anything else you’d like to add?
Who are you and why are you calling me? Can I go get a bagel now?

No comments:

Post a Comment