Thursday 15 December 2011

Margarita anyone?

The Covent Garden Cocktail Club



I seem to be on a bit of a role with the cocktail clubs at the moment. I do love a good margarita or five. This week's margarita was sampled at the Covent Garden Cocktail Club, another supposed "members club" located down a set of stairs on Newport St just shy of Leicester Square station. This time with decor that would do the likes of Dashiell Hammett and Raymond Chandler proud.

Having visited here twice now I can confirm that walking in as a group of girls or with a date seems to grant you "membership" status for the night. Try to gain entry as a group of more than two males and be prepared to be treated like you are wearing neon signs flashing "probably going to try it on your girlfriend" before being told that you can sign up for membership "online". They do like to pick and choose their clientele in these bars.

If you do make it past the door though you are in for a treat. A lovely basement bar with deep leather couches, low lighting and candles makes for a great date venue. You'll gain extra points for "just knowing" this romantic little bar smack bang in the middle of Soho.

The cocktails are as delicious as the bar man, who will give you plenty of flirty chat regardless of gender. Though the French Martini was sweet enough to give me toothache, I highly recommend the margarita, straight up.

Have I mentioned that I like margaritas?

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same but it's vodka martinis that I have a fondness for. I have started looking for the best one in London but it's hard not to get too pissed and forget if they were any good.

    ReplyDelete